Fulfilled! by William Schiemann
National Indie Excellence Awards, Finalist, 2017: Self-Help
Living Now Book Awards, Silver, 2017: Motivation - Practical Self-Improvement
“An organizational psychologist provides tools and insights to achieving professional and personal happiness in this debut self-development guide…. A tangible, motivational life-planning approach with useful examples.”
“All the tools you need to create your own future!”
-Marshall Goldsmith, The Thinkers 50 #1 Leadership Thinker in the World
“Fulfilled! lives up to its promise. It highlights choices we make to build alignment, capability, and engagement into our professional and personal lives so that we achieve exceptional happiness and inner peace. Schiemann gives us the art and science of fulfilling our potential.”
-Dave Ulrich, bestselling coauthor of The Why of Work; Rensis Likert Professor of Business, University of Michigan; Partner, The RBL Group
“This book could not only improve your life; it could save your life! I’m living proof of that! Bill’s process transformed my sluggish company into a powerhouse. Even more extraordinary, it transformed my personal life when I applied these same principles after a deadly diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. They took me from feeling hopeless and powerless to feeling optimistic and empowered!”
-Marisa Harris, Life Coach
“Bill Schiemann has hit the nail on the head. Every organization should be looking at the fulfillment of their talent. Personally and professionally fulfilled people are a competitive edge. Organizations and people win when they are aligned in purpose and meaningfulness.”
-William Ingham, vice president, global human resources, Visa Inc.
* * * * * *
FULFILLED! holds the key for every reader to figure out what they want most from life, both personally and professionally – and then stay focused in a consistent way to achieve their goals. The lessons in this book are based on interviews with over 100 life-fulfilled people and additional research on generational differences, leading to conclusions about what will work best for Millennials and Baby Boomers alike:
- ACE: This acronym helps individuals think about their Alignment with life goals, the Capabilities needed to get there, and how to make choices that bring continuous Engagement across work, family, hobbies and other vital parts of life.
- Balanced Scorecard: How can people achieve better balance across career, family, social, spiritual, educational, and even political needs and desires?
- Life Mapping: incorporates the unique life goals, key success drivers, and ties those to actions individuals needs to take now in their lives. This type of thinking enables them to see both the short and long term, and to adapt to change.
- Measurement: you can’t manage what you can’t measure. Readers are taught how to devise appropriate measures for their individual scorecard, and how to track success over time.
- “Street Smarts:” Savvy, life-fulfilled people also have street smarts. They have learned the ‘art’ of becoming fulfilled—how to adjust to bumps in the road, how to overcome common setbacks, and the ten factors that most often lead to fulfillment.
Write your review
Wanna review this e-book? Please Sign in to start your review.