Ever wanted to have your own website? Unwilling to spend 1000s of dollars to get one? Not feeling techie enough to venture into doing it yourself? This book was written for you!
Now you need not fear! With "Create Your Website In Simple Steps. For Ages 9 To 99!" the author takes your hand, treats you as a real beginner and shows you the way step by step, with a multitude of screen captures designed to make your life easier and get you up and running in no time.
Lost when choosing and buying required services (domain name, hosting etc…)? No worries, the author will take you through his recommended services.
A few numbers about this book:
* 42,000+ words
* 550+ explicative screens and pictures
The idea here is to have a stunning website WITHOUT WRITING CODE. This is one of the reasons why you will be developing your website using Wordpress technology (covering the latest version, Wordpress 3.5, at time of publishing - January 2013).
You just need a computer, an internet connection and with this visual step by step guide, you should be good to go.
The author also explains in details how to update your website, as all too often this is not mentioned in books which - in practice - leaves you on your own for critical updates to Wordpress, plugins, themes and associated risks.
Treated in this book:
- Why should you choose and trust Wordpress?
- Choosing and buying a domain name
- Choosing a hosting company and buying from them
- Installing Wordpress
- Using Google Apps
- Finding your way around Wordpress
- Adding media
- Accessing and updating your website from a mobile device (including iPhone and iPad)
- Choosing and using themes
- Working with your theme, building your site step by step
- Using plugins, choice of plugins
- Hardening Wordpress (Security)
- Search Engine Optimization. The Basics
- Setting up and using Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- Backup and update of Wordpress, Themes and Plugins
- Other operations
Be the first to review this e-book.
Write your review
Wanna review this e-book? Please Sign in to start your review.