Build your own Blockchain in JS
PublisherPublishDrive Inc (Sankar Srinivasan)
Building a blockchain is a complex undertaking, so it's important to have a good understanding of the underlying principles and concepts. Here are some general steps you can follow to create a basic blockchain on
1. Define block structure: Each block in the blockchain should contain a set of transactions and metadata such as timestamps and unique identifiers (hashes). These properties allow you to define your block class.
2. Hashing implementation: To ensure blockchain integrity, each block's hash must be based on the block's contents, so any changes to the block will invalidate that hash. A cryptographic hash function such as SHA-256 can be used to generate the hash of each block.
3. Create Blockchain: You can create a blockchain as an array of block objects. The first block in the chain, called the genesis block, can be hard-coded as a starting point.
4. Append New Block: To add a new transaction to the blockchain, create a new block object and append it to the end of the blockchain. The hash of a new block should be based on the contents of previous blocks in the chain to ensure the integrity of the blockchain. Implement
5. Mining: To prevent spam transactions and ensure network security, you can implement proof-of-work algorithms that require miners to solve complex mathematical puzzles to add new blocks to the chain. This can be done by setting a difficulty level that miners must meet before their block is accepted.
6. Implement validation: To ensure the validity of the blockchain, you can implement a validation function that checks the integrity of each block's hash and the continuity of the chain.