King James Version Bible Commentary for Today
Every generation seeks to apply the Bible's timeless truth about God to its context. The King James Version Bible Commentary for Today is just that--the most up-to-date commentary on the time-honored text of the King James Version written by a trusted team of conservative scholars. This volume approaches the Bible with humility and respect as they explore its meaning for our generation.
The King James Version Bible Commentary for Today provides readers and students of the Bible with clear explanations of the antiquated English vocabulary of the King James text as well as the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek words that form the original languages of the Bible. It also focuses on the intended meaning of the original authors, providing linguistic, historical, and archaeological insights that illuminate the biblical text for seasoned and new Bible readers.
- New material by respected scholars
- The best in conservative scholarship from multiple denominations
- Illuminating verse-by-verse expositions that shed light on the meaning of Scripture
- Nontechnical and jargon free--no need to know Hebrew or Greek
- 14 maps help readers understand the world of the Old Testament and New Testament