Get Past Your Past
Your brokenness is not the end of the story. It's time to heal.
Any of us can get stuck in our struggle. Jesus came to set us free and give us life--abundant life--but while we believe it for everyone else, it's hard to accept his forgiveness and grace for ourselves. We continue in our old ways, living as one with no hope because we're afraid of failing if we try to get better.
But what if brokenness--the array of behaviors and symptoms that show us that all is not as it should be with us--isn't all there is? What if we can change?
As a licensed therapist and a man who's dealt with his own problems--including childhood trauma, alcohol abuse, drug use, and bouts of depression--Jason VanRuler understands what you're going through. In Get Past Your Past, he offers empathy, grace, and a hand to hold as he shares from his own places of brokenness and his professional knowledge to help you:
- Overcome the lie that you're the only one who struggles with brokenness
- Look your brokenness square in the face and take small, doable steps to overcome it
- Find the courage to be vulnerable about your story--all of it--and embrace the freedom that comes from sharing it
- Learn to love and be loved in your most cherished relationships
- Cultivate authentic connection with those around you and with God
The life you dream of isn't that far away. But you can't stay where you are. It's time to embark on your journey toward healing. Let Get Past Your Past be your guide along the way.