Guidelines to Good Practices: Monitoring, Reviewing and Continually Improving Institutional Quality
PublisherMALAYSIAN QUALIFICATIONS AGENCY
The Guidelines to Good Practices: Monitoring, Reviewing and Continually Improving Institutional Quality (GGP: MR-CIIQ) is a document developed to assist Higher Education Providers (HEPs) to: i) continually improve their quality, and ii) address the standards of two areas of the Code of Practice for Programme Accreditation (COPPA) and the Code of Practice for Institutional Audit (COPIA), namely:
- Programme Monitoring and Review, marked as Area 7, and
- Continual Quality Improvement (CQI), marked as Area 9.
The document provides guidance for all involved in higher education, including:
- quality assurance agencies and their staff and associates,
- academic and administrative staff in HEPs, and
- Ministry of Higher Education staff. The focus is on implementing appropriate CQI and programme monitoring and review. It is not intended to be prescriptive but rather to provide ideas for HEPs to adapt to their particular circumstances.
The structure of this GGP is as follows:
Section 2, CQI: The broad process of ensuring and improving quality in HEPs
- Institutional level;
- Departmental level.
Section 3, Programme Monitoring and Review: within the HEP's broader CQI context, the process of ensuring quality at the level of curriculum
- Module Level;
- Programme Level.